The new year is fast approaching, and as the old saying goes, “out with the old an in with the new” is certainly true when it comes to hair and clothing trends. Men and women alike want to make sure they have a stylish, modern, and refreshed look as they move into 2021. The experts at Hed2Toe Salon & Luxury Consignment Boutique have put together a list of the most popular hair trends for the coming year.
Latest Hair Styles for the New Year
1. Shag Haircut: the shag is a layered hairstyle that works for both men and women. Many people consider the shag synonymous with rock’n’roll musicians. Even though the shag has been around in variations since the early 80’s it continues to be a popular option for women looking for a cut that looks great, is easy to manage, casual, and has plenty of texture. One of the many benefits of the shag cut is that it can be customized into short, medium, and long hair. Some of the most popular shag cuts include The long shag, the retro rocker, short shag with side-swept bangs, loose curls, and curls with bangs.
2. 60’s Flip: Considered a vintage cut, the 60’s flip is a flat top with curled ends finished with a good spray of strong-hold hair spray. This iconic style was made famous by Raquel Welch, Jackie Kennedy, and Farrah Fawcett, and works best with medium to long hair. Use a 1 ½ inch curling iron to create curls. Even though the 60’s flip has been around for decades, more and more women give this style a try every year. It’s simple to maintain and looks great all day long. This style looks terrific regardless of hair color and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
3. Wet Look: Variations of the wet look have been around for years and is an excellent choice for all hair types and textures. Some of the most popular wet & sleek styles include up-do’s, ponytails, buns, long or short cuts (curled or straight), and low back knots.
4. Long Hair: Long beautiful hair is the envy of practically every woman and can be worn curly, straight, or soft waves. Long hair has been famous through the ages and is versatile as it can be worn up or down. The options are endless and include up & down dos, braids, various ponytails, and much more. If your hair is short, you may want to consider hair extensions.
5. Two-Tone Hair: Just as the name implies, the two-tone look comprises darker roots that typically match your brows’ color with the long ends of your hair, a lighter shade of your desired hue, the most popular being dark roots with blonde ends. Popular shades for 2021 include silvery grey, ultra-bright blonde, caramel, and honey blond.
6. Barely There Waves: If you have straight hair and are looking for an updated look that is easy to manage you may want to consider barely-there curls easily maintained by twisting a flat iron through your hair. Quick to style, barely-there waves are great for fine hair as they do not require any styling products that can weigh the hair down.
7. Midi Cuts: Midi cuts are a fantastic compromise for women who don’t want a short cut but do not want a long style that requires a lot of maintenance. Mid-cuts can be worn up or down and typically reaches the collar bone. Worn straight, curly, choppy waves, wet or sleek, the options are endless.